Overview of arrangements
Together we will discuss all the necessary arrangements step by step and will tailor the funeral to suit your wishes. You can choose or we will appoint a Funeral Director who will be your representative at all times.
The main decisions to be made when arranging a funeral are:
- whether the funeral will take the form of a burial or cremation
- where it is to take place
- what type of ceremony you would like
- what type of coffin or casket you would like
Obituary Or Death Notices
It is not always possible to contact all relatives and friends who may wish to attend the funeral service or send a donation or floral tribute. Therefore, you may wish us to place an announcement in a local or national newspaper on your behalf giving details.
The cost of a funeral will vary based on your choices. However it would typically include the following services:
- All our professional services, the obtaining of all documents, completing same and forwarding to the appropriate authorities.
- Your Funeral Director’s attention to details regarding arrangements and supervision throughout.
- The removal of the deceased to our Private Chapels of Rest, at anytime, night or day, and within a 10 mile radius of your local Reynolds Funerals Office.
- Whilst in our care, the administering of minor hygienic treatment, supplying and fitting of a plain polished coffin with interior set and matching robe and the use of our Chapel of Rest until the funeral.
- Provision of a Jaguar hearse, four bearers and the attendance of your funeral Director at the funeral.
- Crematorium Fee, Ministers Fee, Doctors Cremation Papers, Minister Fee, Full Hygienic Treatment.
What your loved one will wear can be an important matter and part of saying goodbye; this will be discussed when making the funeral arrangements. Although we ask you to check with our staff the suitability of dress for crematoria regulations, we are able to accommodate most needs. If no special arrangements are made, we will dress the deceased in suitable attire.
Assistance with Costs
If you are receiving certain benefits from the DSS you may be eligible for assistance with funeral costs. You will need to contact your local Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) office for more information.